In today’s How To guide, we’ll be giving you all the information you need to find the right roof ladder for the job. Sometimes finding the right equipment for your needs can be a bit of a minefield. Not only do you have to consider different lengths, you also need to take into consideration the material used, your personal circumstances and specialist features that may be integrated into a ladder’s design.
Today on the blog, we’re going to make the task of finding the right roof ladder easy, by sharing our top tips with you.
5 tips for finding the right roof ladder
- Always opt for an aluminium roof ladder. This type of material ensures strength and durability, allowing you to get the job done safely and efficiently. At Browns Ladders, we only stock roof ladders in aluminium and with reputable brand names – Lyte, Titan and Abru Werner
- Always choose a trade ladder rather than a cheaper option. Trade products are designed and manufactured to take more wear and tear than domestic products and are better suited to a trade working environment
- Ensure you choose the right size for the roof you plan on working on. If your job involves working on more than one size of roof, it’s probably worth investing in an extending roof ladder to ensure you’ll be working safely at all times
- It’s advisable to opt for a roof ladder with non-slip serrated rungs. These give better grip when walking up onto the roof and minimise any risk of accidents
- Make sure your roof ladder is long enough. It needs to be at least three rungs above the gutter. You’ll also need to give consideration to the overall length of the ladder and make sure that it is long enough to reach from the eaves to the roof ridge.
Working safely on the roof
Once you’ve purchased your ladder, check the support brackets and roof hooks are strong and that there is no damage to them. Repeat these checks every time you use and move the ladder. For more information on how to choose the right ladder for the job, please see our previous post.
Find the perfect roof ladder today
Why not browse our full range of roof ladders online? All products have a 12-month guarantee and can be with you by the next day! Standard delivery, which takes 3-5 working days, is completely free of charge to addresses in England, Wales and Southern Scotland.
We’re also on hand to answer any further questions you might have about roof ladders, or any of the specific products we have within this range. You can contact us on 01282 615 517 with your questions, or talk to one of our specialists online.