REVIEW: Bratts B-Dek Work Platform
Today at Brown’s Ladders we’re reviewing another one of our popular products. This time we’re looking at the Bratts B-Dek Work Platform; one of our low level work platforms used by many as a quick, cost effective alternative to ladders and steps.
The B-Dek – A safe way to work at a height
When open, the B-Dek gives you the right amount of space to comfortably stand and move back and forth at a low height.
The simple, glass fibre, non-slip and non-conductive work platform is safe to use and can be set up anywhere.
Whilst it’s made from heavy duty, BS compliant raw materials - as our other glass fibre products are – there is also the option for it to be manufactured in aluminium if preferred, and altered in other ways to meet your specifications.
B-Dek’s standard specifications
- Open Height: 600mm long x 340mm wide
- Platform Height: 450mm high
- Closed Height: 1400mm
- Weight: 13.0kg
- Complies with EN131, ANSI 14-5 and ESI 13-1 regulations
Minimise accidents – they’re even a risk when working at low heights!
We have one safety course in particular which complements the purchase of a low level platform like the B-Dek work platform.
Our Nationally Recognised Accredited Low Level Access Training Course is designed for those working at heights of two metres or below.
The half day course will be a mixture of theory and hands on practical sessions – so you’ll need to bring protective footwear, suitable head protection, and suitable clothing and gloves to make sure you can get involved and make the most out of the training.
Browns Ladders safety courses, for peace of mind in the workplace
On this course, you’ll learn how to safely assemble, dismantle and relocate low level access units to prevent injury to both yourself and others.
You’ll also learn how to safety inspect low level access equipment before use, to make sure it provides a safe and sturdy place to work. The main topics covered are as follows:
- Health and Safety at Work Act – To make sure you’re aware of the legislation and the importance of safety training courses
- Standards and regulations
- Guidance and information
- Low level equipment options – Advice on the range of products out there and which ones might be the best fit for the job
- Checking components for damage
- Assembling and dismantling of equipment
- Hazards and risks – Things to be aware of at all times when working from a height
- User responsibilities – As protecting yourself from falls and injury is ultimately up to you.
For further information on the Bratts B-Dek Work Platform or any of our working at heights courses please contact a member of the Browns Ladders team today and we’ll do all we can to help! Alternatively, you can book the course online.